I remember visiting Barcelona for the first time in 2009. Since then, I didn’t have the chance to go back until last July where I spent four great summer days; especially when I had to escape grey Paris!
I simply felt home scrolling Barcelona streets (probably thanks to some of my Spanish DNA). I also practiced my Spanish and started even learning Catalan! I booked a flat in Raval District (with three of my other friends). It was the perfect location: we were about 10mn far from Las Ramblas/ Barrio Gothico and all the Tapas/paella restaurants!
I managed to spend most of my time at the beach ( Barceloneta and Sitges), plus visiting some touristic monuments ( mostly outdoor places such as Gaudi architecture, Port Vell). I also took a bike ride along Barcelona waterfront, I hightly recommand doing it on sunset time to enjoy amazing colors and lights.
When I travel, I love feeling like ”a fashion editor” while visiting a city! Go to trendy/luxury places/bars/restaurants, visit architecture/ modern art museums, and take iconic arty pictures. So I decided to share with you, in addition to all recommandations that you may find on internet, my special guide to travel Fashionably with this luxury touch in Barcelona!
WHAT TO VISIT
Fashion has a strong correlation with architecture as they are both a part of Art and Culture; You definitely can’t miss Antoni Gaudi architectural master pieces from Art Nouveau period and get inspired by the floral/organic forms, aesthetic and design :
- Sagrada Familia
- Casa Mila
- Casa Batllo
- Park Güell
- Barrio Gothico
- Port Vell
- Have a bike ride along the Barcelone port and beaches
WHERE TO SWIM
- Barceloneta beach – crowded during summer time but definitely a must for the W hotel view.
- Sitges beaches ( 45mn per train)
- Costa Brava – Tossa del Mar ( about 150km far from Barcelona, you definitely need to rent a car )
WHERE TO HAVE A DRINK
You can’t miss these following adresses , as Barcelona is famous for its chic/mediterranean rooftops chilling and parties :
- Hotel Duquesa De Cardona
- Hotel Villa Emilia
- Wet Deck of W Barcelona Hotel – with the Barceloneta beach view
- Puro Beach
- Nikki Beach Barcelona
WHERE TO EAT
These, so far, are my best restaurants in Barcelona. Refined, with a good service and the food is so yummy!
- El Canalla Restaurant
- Llamber Restaurant
- Plat Restaurant
WHERE TO SHOP
Spain houses the most famous fashion retailers brands such as Zara, Mango, Bershka and Stradivarius : I always have the best shopping overthere !
You can go also to :
- Santa Eulalia – A high-end fashion store to shop luxury items from Saint Laurent to Alexander Wang
- Trait Store – A Selected collections of clothing, accessories and shoes from a range of designers
- Coquette Store – located in El Born District , you can easily find brands such as Isabel Marant, A.P.C , or Des Petits Hauts
I love scrolling the little streets of el Barrio Gothico, where you can find those little spanish stores with their unique style and concept.
Now that you have my guide for where to eat, see some sun and swim, get drinks and eat. I’ll share with you some pictures from my trip. I hope if you plan a visit to Barcelona you will make many amazing memories!